Saturday, March 16, 2013

I have all these plans....

I've got all these plans piled up sky high
A thousand dreams on hold
And I don't know why,
I got a front row seat
To the longest wait
And I just can't see
Past the things I pray
Today

But when I fix my eyes on all that You are
Then every doubt I feel
Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
All my worries fade
And fall to the ground
Cause when I seek Your face
And don't look around
Any place I'm in
Grows strangely dim


The above lyrics really echo the thoughts that have been going through my head in the past few weeks. I knew when we answered God's call to become foster parents that it would be life changing, that it would stretch me and grow me in many, many ways... However, I did not expect that to happen before we actually had kids enter our home. Since October we have been playing the waiting game... waiting for our background checks... waiting for home visits... waiting for our license to be processed... and now waiting for a placement call... YES, OUR LICENSE OFFICIALLY ARRIVED!!!! 
One of my biggest struggles has always been patience... I am not a patient person. Just ask my parents, siblings, and husband.... I like things NOW! 
God has a different plan...
He knows that I need to learn the art of patience...
Patience in change, Patience in marriage, Patience in parenting, Patience with the Foster System....

"May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light."
Col 1:12

I pray that as we wait I can learn to be patient with JOY and ALWAYS give thanks to the Father. That in the wait God can refine my heart to reflect His love - not only to the children that enter our home, but to those I work with, live with, and come into contact with daily. The song lyrics below always rekindle the fire in my heart to serve those who don't know or have not recognized redemption in Jesus saving blood. This song refers to little children but God has clearly reminded me that whether we are 4 years old or 80 years old we are all little children in His eyes.


Little hands, shoeless feet, lonely eyes looking back at me
Will we leave behind the innocent too brief
On their own, on the run when their lives have only begun
These could be our daughters and our sons
And just like a drum I can hear their hearts beating
I know my God won’t let them be defeated
Every child has a dream to belong and be loved
Boys become kings, girls will be queens

Wrapped in Your majesty 
When we love, when we love the least of these
Then they will be brave and free
Shout your name in victory
When we love when we love the least of these
When we love the least of these

May God Bless you this week as you journey on towards the Kingdom.
Thank you all for your prayers and support we feel and appreciate them very much!






1 comment:

  1. amen! so excited to see what precious children God is going to place in your home!

    ReplyDelete