Thursday, September 20, 2012

Where are We


You may notice that I have posted a number of posts on the same day. Basically I am playing catch up. Often when I am at work my mind will be whirling, trying to process everything we have learned, what needs to be done, and on and on. Many times I will open a word doc and just jot down thoughts to help relieve my whirling mind, but it seems I rarely have time to post them.
So rather than have a book of an entry I broke it up so that it isn’t quite as overwhelming.

I have been asked quite a bit lately where we are at in the process – here’s where we are:

- Week 7 of Pride classes; we missed a couple weeks early on so we have 2 classes this week and next and our final class will be October 2nd.
- Our background check has been submitted
- Our agency application will be complete next week after Daniel has his physical

We have a meeting scheduled with our licensing worker to submit our application and plan our home inspection. There are a few things I know we need to add to bring our house up to code but they are minor so I think that will go rather smoothly. Additionally we have begun planning to do some work on our basement to make it warm and welcoming for our kiddos. I have been brainstorming on how to organize our house, making lists of what we need to get, and trying to figure out my schedule at work. I am really looking forward to completely our classes and submitting our application and really focusing on making our home ready for kids.

I have already learned so much on this journey and while it hasn’t always been smooth sailing, God has provided strength and courage to move forward. Last night when I was driving home the lyrics to a song touched me.
            Show me how to love the unlovable
            Show me how to reach the unreachable
            Help me now to do the impossible
            Forgiveness

            I want to finally set it free
            So show me how to see what Your mercy sees
            Help me now to give what You gave to me
            Forgiveness, Forgiveness

            Forgiveness ~ By: Matthew West

While these lyrics focus on forgiving others, I feel like these words can pertain to so much more. I know that the lives we are going to come into contact with are a complete wreck. These children may at first seem unreachable, their parents may be unlovable, and it may all seem impossible but with God’s help I can give these hurting souls (parents and children) what Christ gave to me – LOVE and SALVATION! 

2 comments:

  1. daniel & larissa... just wanted to let you know that we are excited for you and we will be praying for you! you will be blessed for allowing God to use you in the way that only He can best choose. may He fill your heart with love for your little ones! :) love, grant & hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Daniel and Larissa.
    We are so excited to see who the Lord brings into your family. We are confident He will give you exactly what you need to parent these children with grace. You know you can count on us to prayerfully support you! Love you both! Don and Sandra

    ReplyDelete