Thursday, September 20, 2012

WOW Moment


The past couple weeks have been difficult in a variety of ways. I have felt satan pulling at me with fear, frustration, discouragement and many other emotions… I have come to realize in the past couple of months that satan is very tactical with his attacks. He doesn’t just randomly attack us, instead he carefully hits us in our weak points and slowly without realizing it we let him slowly invade, and before we realize it we are doubting God’s plan for our lives.
Looking back I can clearly see how satan tactically attacked me. It began with a couple of overwhelming Pride classes… then an extremely busy schedule… a very disorganized house… a discouraging meeting at work… until finally without even realizing it I started to doubt that I could be an effective foster parent … Satan is soo crafty and so quick – yet the most important lesson I learned was in my deepest despair. In my despair I recognized my need to hear God’s voice - funny how when you are up on a mountain you forget to listen for God’s voice and just glide along on your own strength until satan knocks your feet out from under you and you remember to turn to God and rely on His strength. In my despair, God provided me with a WOW moment – a moment when I was stunned by the sheer AWESOMENESS of the Lord God. 
I was at work feeling very discouraged and frustrated, I felt the need to read His word. I clicked open my Bible app on my phone this was the verse I read:
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take heart; I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33
God stopped me in my tracks and reminded me that He is in control; that His plan is perfect and I need to trust Him – because after all He has overcome the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment